Semantics BB is focused on the semantic interoperability from a legal and official document perspective (evidence, attestation). Semantic technologies provide many concepts and tools to make machine-understandable descriptions of data, programs, and infrastructure enabling automatic analysis and inference thus providing users with information tailored to their needs.
The scope of the e-SENS Semantics Architecture ABB aims at:
- creating an e-SENS specific layer of semantic resources, concepts and codes (Core Concepts, with ISA, reusable across the various domains) to dereference syntactic items (terms);
- creating the services to enable semantic mappings between terms and resources or between terms. Translations and searches can be included later in the piloting phase.
Key facts about the e-SENS Semantics building block:
- Semantic mapping service provides the function to map business documents covering specific business requirements in electronic procedures.
- Terminology server provides a meaning of the resource and its mapping between to different terminologies and code-lists used across member states countries.
- Public administrations can implement, deploy and use a system based on the Semantics architecture design, in order to facilitate mapping between structured legal criteria with the actual MS legal official documents in specific domains like e-Procurement and Business Lifecycle.
- Thanks to the Semantics businesses and citizens will use a system and will be presented with origin-tailored information about legal mappings between requirements and documents that need to be provided to the Public Administration.